Both Team To Score
Both teams to score
is one of the most popular bets that can be made on football. Often abbreviated to BTTS by online bookmaking sites, or shown under the heading “Both teams to score today
” it is a form of betting that is unique to football because of the low-scoring nature of the game, and simple in conception.
It is based on the principle that in any match between two teams, both will score in the 90 minutes. You are not betting on one side to win, merely that each side will score. So if it a one-all draw or a 6 -1 thrashing, your bet will succeed all the same.
How easy is to win with both team to score?
There are several inherent advantages to this type of bet. First, it is easy to win with both teams to score
as there are only two possible outcomes – “yes”, they will both score, or “no”, one or the other will fail to find the net. You might bet “no” if you think that it might be a defensive stalemate, but the risk is that the bet will be lost If both score early. Still a “no” bet can offer an attractive pay-out.
Apart from their simplicity, both teams to score predictions
are fun, and can keep a punter engaged for the whole of the match. One team may be trailing by 5- 0 heading into injury time but, if somebody suddenly finds a late consolation goal, then the bet will still succeed. And, if both teams score early in the match, you do not have to wait until the end of the game to collect your winnings, as most bookmakers allow you to cash out within a few minutes of your bet succeeding.
There are a number of variations on both teams to score. For example, both teams to score
in each half, or both teams to score and win
– where you are betting on both teams to find the net, but one or the other to emerge as the winner of the match.
How both teams to score tips work?
In terms of both teams to score tips
, then there are several factors to take into account. Firstly, look at the teams involved and look at the goals scored and conceded columns. Look for teams that score a lot of goals but are equally suspect at the back. An excellent current example in the Premier League this season is Arsenal. They have the third best return in goals scored but, equally, have let in more than Newcastle who are eleven places below them in the table. Manchester United have a similar record, so, when they meet, there is an excellent chance that both will score. By contrast in Serie A, Juventus have only conceded 15 goals this season, and their neighbours Torino concede seven more. It suggests that the Turin derby is likely to be a low scoring affair.
Then there is the type of competition to take into account; in some competitions, away goals count double, so there may be an incentive for the team playing on the road in the first leg of a competition to find the net, even if they lose the match, as it can later prove critical in the overall context of the tie.
Finally, look at whether one or the other team has a proven goal scorer or two in their squad. Often even the weakest of teams can find their season propped-up by a man with 15 goals or more.
Where you can bet on both teams to score?
Bookmakers will offer best team to score predictions
on various leagues and competitions, including the following:
- Champions League: This elite European club competition can be difficult to predict, when it comes to both teams to score, especially when it comes to the knock-out phases. Again look for teams that both score and concede frequently, remember that away goals count double.
- Europa League: The secondary European competition, there is often good value odds in the earlier rounds of the competition. However, by the latter rounds it is full of teams that have dropped out of the Champions League or represented one of the elite European leagues, so again home and away form needs to be studied.
- Premier League: The Premier League usually offers good value in terms of best team to score bets. Premier League put emphasis in attacking football, as opposed to more defensively minded leagues like Serie A.
- FA Cup: The oldest domestic cup competition in the world and its fans would argue the best. Underdogs can often produce a surprise like earlier the season when Newport County knocked out Leicester City. In that case, a bet on both teams to score and win for Newport it's great in terms of pay-out.
When you can start to bet on both teams to score tips?
In terms of when you can start to bet on both teams
to score, while many online betting sites will include this under a heading such as both teams to score tips today
, you can find most bookmakers offering odds several days before the match itself. You can also bet whilst the match is in progress, although with several provisos. If both teams have already scored, then the market will be closed.
It is also worth noting that both teams to score predictions
often form a common element of accumulator bets, and that bookmaking sites will use their in-house tipsters – professional odds makers and actuaries – to make both teams to score predictions
when giving tips for accumulator bets.
How do you pick the best both teams to score prediction?
If you are tempted to follow their best teams to score tips
and make an accumulator bet though, the best advice is not to include too many legs in your accumulator – three or four should be your maximum. That is because the more bets there are in an accumulator the greater the chance that one will fail.
Bookmakers like to advertise when a multi accumulator bet pays-off at incredible odds. They do this because it encourages many other people to make accumulator bets that fail. It is a form of cheap advertising for them.